Saturday, October 20, 2007

FLICKR FUN


Hello to everyone in Library 2.0 land.


I had a lot of fun with flickr's big huge labs that enabled me to create a lot of wonderful things with my photographs and other images. I especially like the features Magazine Cover, Calender, Captioner, Billboard and Framer. The US stamp feature in the framer is great but they need to update the price of a US stamp to 41 cents.


Anyway, I created a billboard of one of my favorite books "Owen and Mzee: the True Story of a remarkable Friendship. It is told by Isabella Hatkoff, Craig Hatkoff, and Dr. Paula Kahumbu, with photgraphs by Peter Greste. You probably heard about it, read about it, or seen a televison feature on the book and animals. I did and I just love the story it is so heartwarming. It is the true story of two great friends: a baby Hippo namee Owen and a 130 year old giant tortoise named Mzee.

2 comments:

chatkoff said...

the billboard looks great!!

craig hatkoff and isabella

Dan said...

The billboard does look great. Glad to see someone can have fun with this assignment.