Thursday, November 15, 2007

Library related newsfeeds.

I created the bloglines account and subscribed to several newsfeeds.


I subscribed to a School Library Journal and the articles and newfeeds here were great. School Library Journal has at least 30 newsfeeds. I subscribed to the book news.
http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/learnRss


I also discovered a great news feed feed called Library Technology Now.
http://librarytechnologynow.blogspot.com/


However, there did not seem to be a lot of library related news feeds. I had to use different news feed engines and create inventive keywords to find pertinent links. Perhaps you had better luck. If you did let me know some of great ones you found.

Anyway the ones I did find are useful and quite interesting.


Other interesting feeds are NY Observer Politics, the New York Times Media and Advertising, and for the entertainment fans there are several.

This technology is a great because it allows you have all your favorite websites in one place. Libraries can benefit from this technology by creating links for patrons that feature book reviews, technology reviews, movie reviews and other links that may be of interest to patrons.

In looking at all these news feeds and the amount of information on the web, it has caused me to ask these simple questions. Is there an information overload? How much information is too much information? Will the web ever run out of space? Is it simply infinite?

I wonder as I wander, as the web turns.........

No comments: